CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Dump the freezer in the pan

That's my name for the frittata that I just made. I was looking for a way to use up to frozen veggies and it worked out perfectly. This is not gourmet, I repeat, THIS IS NOT GOURMET, in any sense of the word.

2 cups of frozen veggies ( I used corn, peas and beans)
1/2 cup minced red onion
5 eggs
3 tbsp of milk
Your favourite cheese (however much you prefer)
S&P
2 cups of small cubed sauteed potatoes (or use the fozen ones like I did)
2 tbsp olive oil or butter
1 clove of mashed garlic
3tbsp of your favourite herbs (I grabbed cilantro, sage, parsley and chives)

Cook in a pan with no extra space, it should be tightly put together. Also the pan must be oven safe.

1. Cook potatoes, veggies, onion, garlic and some S&P in an oiled/buttered pan on medium.
2. Whisk milk, eggs and herbs (save a few for spinkling on top afterward), and dump over mixed stuff above.
3. Sprinkle/cover with cheese.
4. Cook in the pan, not moving the mixture, for about 5 minutes on low-medium, then transfer to broil on high for 2-3minutes.

This would make a great meal for any time of day. Yum yum!

0 comments: