CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not so guilt free salad

So my husband thinks that I am the queen of salads. I guess this is because they don't generally involve cooking and you can't really screw them up. Here is one of my tried but true leafy creations.

Salad
Mixed greens
Dried cranberries
Crumbled feta
Toasted slivered almonds
Sliced mandarins or strawberries

I didn't give quantities because it's really up to you.

Dressing-tastes much better made one day early
1/2-3/4 cup of grapeseed oil (vary the oil amount to your taste preference)
1/4 cup of your favourite balsamic vinager (we like fig flavoured)
1 clove of garlic pressed
1 tsp of grainy mustard
Sea salt and ground pepper

Mix it all together and let it sit, in the fridge, over night. If you don't press the garlic then you can remove it afer 24 hours. I once used garlic powder and it was OK, not the same but decent.

0 comments: